Sunday, March 21, 2010

I don't know how to make what I want to make.

I want to make things that express how I feel.
Duh, who doesn't?
But I want to do it in a very particular way and have many people see it, because I feel like if I create something with meaning to me that I can't just talk about, I want other people to see it so that they know.
Does that make sense?

I also want to make things using words that are powerful. Quotes that bang and pop and leave some stains while they fizzle out. I want to make images that do that for them. I can't come up with words--I can hardly dictate what I want to say in the first place! But I do feel like I could make imagery that explains how I feel using the words that are given to me by someone else. I might not be able to speak for myself, but I can provide my own color.

No comments:

Post a Comment